My name is Kevin Ross and this is my web portfolio. I am a Digital Media Specialist with a BS in Web Design and Interactive Media from Harding University July 2010. I have experience creating interactive tutorials, designing and coding websites, capturing, editing, and producing videos, and working with CMSs including Drupal, Wordpress, and Joomla.
I have several years of experience designing and developing digital media in a variety of capacities. I have:
- planned, produced, and edited interactive learning tutorials using Adobe Captivate
- designed and coded the UI and backend of self service kiosk landing pages (in use in various health clubs across the country)
- designed, developed, and maintain a plethora of internal and external websites using everything from basic HTML/CSS to sites running a CMS like Drupal or Wordpress running PHP. This includes graphic creation/manipulation, development, and SEO
- worked on the company's social media marketing campaign using Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin
- done live video production including light design, filming, video editing, and sound editing using Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Audition.
Bachelor of Science Web Design and Interactive Media
- November 22, 2010 – Current
Interactive Media Specialist
ABC Financial Services Inc.
- Use video recording equipment to record company training sessions and create marketing material as requested by management
- Create video tutorials from the ground up (inception to production) on key aspects of ABC software, using Adobe Captivate, Flash authoring tools and basic HTML skills.
- Form editorial policies and procedures to ensure media is delivered in a clear and concise manner while adhering to project lifecycle.
- Update and maintain time-sensitive material
- Conduct or commission ongoing audience research
- Compile and analyze video usage statistics
- Obtain and analyze user feedback
- Maintain ABC Financial Video Tutorial Website
- May 24, 2010 - July 9, 2010.
Internship at Adworks: Concepts and Designs in Little Rock.
My primary responsibility for each project was to make a Photoshop template and then take the template to HTML/CSS. I designed and coded several websites including a website for Oasis Renewal Center.
I also performed regular maintenance to current sites using various technologies (HTML, Joomla, and Adobe Flash for example). Some sites I maintained include Colton’s Steakhouse, Busch Pepsi Classic, and Arkansas Motor Vehicle Commission.
- I have had several years of experience in college producing quality websites. See my portfolio for samples of current and past works.
Click here to download (pdf).